Business Overhead Expense
Office expenses don't stop because you become disabled. Bills keep coming in whether or not you're in the office. Those overhead expenses could become a real problem if your agency's revenues are dependent on you.
With the PIA Trust Business Overhead Expense (BOE) Plan, you can help maintain your agency until you are able to resume your duties.
How Your Business Overhead Expense Insurance Program Works
The policy pays the monthly expense that you incur in the operation of your agency while you are totally disabled. The total amount payable in any one month is limited to the lesser of:
- your average monthly agency overhead expenses of the consecutive six-month period prior to the start of total disability; or
- the maximum monthly agency overhead expense benefit amount.
If you are eligible, you may apply for up to $10,000 per month in $500 increments
Elimination Period: 30 days
Maximum Benefit Period Options:
- 12 months
- 18 months
- 24 months
Who Is Eligible To Apply?
You can apply for the BOE program if you are:
- a member of the National Association of Professional Insurance Agents under age 60
- actively at work on a full-time basis (at least 30 hours per week) in your own occupation;
- an owner maintaining your own office or a portion of the office; and
- a resident of the United States
All applications are subject to Company acceptance.
For complete highlights of this coverage, please download the Business Overhead Expense Brochure (429k pdf)
PIA National membership, when required, must be current at all times, please see the Eligibility section in the policy for membership exceptions.
The complete listing of your coverage including exclusions and limitations can be found in the group policy/certificate. If differences exist between this summary and the policy/certificate, the policy/certificate will govern. To obtain a sample certificate, please contact the Plan Administrator.